Saturday, March 21, 2009

See you later, Francis M.


Francis Magalona was born on October 4, 1964. Also known as Master rapper, Francis M and the Man from Manila. He was called "Kiko" by his Eat Bulaga Family. He was married to Pia Arroyo and was blessed with eight children namely: Unna, Nicolo, Francis Jr., Elmo, Arkin, Clara, and actresses Maxene and Saab. He is 44 years old and looked very, very young for his age. A very cool and hot-looking person of the showbiz world. He has frequently collaborated with other Pinoy music artists such as Mike Hanopol, Juan dela Cruz band, Andrew E, Michael V, Parokya ni Edgar, Gloc-9 and of course the Eraserheads. He was know for the song Kaleidoscope World and Tayo'y mga Pinoy. It was only last year that he was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia -- is a cancer of the myeloid line of white blood cells, characterized by the rapid proliferation of abnormal cells which accumulate in the bone marrow and interfere with the production of normal blood cells (Wikipedia, n.d.).

~~~

I was heading school when I heard the news that Francis M died. I was shocked. Dead shock. For all I know is he was recovering and having some nice time coping form his illness.

I have read some of his blogs from his Multiply site. It was horrifying -- the tests conducted. Despite of it he looked positive. It appeared to be painful but he still managed to smile. Brave one. I was waiting for the acceptance of my request, perhaps I'll delete it. How will he accept it now? The thought makes me sad.

When I reached school I spilled the news to each of my classmate. Like me, they looked very shocked. They would even tell me that it was a hoax because they have seen the happy opening of Eat Bulaga. It made me think. Was the radio announcer lying? Maybe not. Francis' death was too soon, how can we accept it easily. I am not a huge fan but I feel the lost of another pillar of the industry. Alam kong malulungkot si Ramon Bautista sa nangyare. Okay lang yan.

Perhaps what happened is better -- not to prolong his agony.

We can never invade God's will. NEVER. It is His will, let it be done. Pray for Kiko's soul. He might be somewhere, we don't know. PRAY. PRAY. "Never cease praying." -St. Pio of Pietrelcina.


Every color, every hue is represented by ME and YOU! See ya, Kiko! SUPERPROXY

~03.06.09

No comments:

Post a Comment